Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back/Hams: Routine C - 1/26/12

This is my first post for the 2012 training/competition season! ...and I still have yet to decide on a show...most likely sometime in June (hmm, commitment issues?).
Regardless, I've made a vow to myself that I will update this blog on a more daily basis, and not only will I track my progress in the gym, but my diet, and any other training related stuff.

So far, so good. I've started the year out strong with a productive January. I successfully completed a round of Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 strength training routine, which has abled me to reach new PR's on a weekly basis. I LOVE seeing results in the gym, and it is what keeps me motivated!

Today was back and hams - my favorite! :


Deadlift (5 rep week of 5/3/1 routine)
warm-up
5 x 115
5 x 130
8 x 145

Barbell Bent-over Row
warm-up
55 x 8, 8
60 x 8

Barbell Stiff-leg Deadlift
75 x 12, 12, 12

(I was shockingly able to walk in at peak gym time and find a barbell and a squat rack waiting for me. Yay!)

Pull-ups on TRX
4 sets of 25

Rope Pulldown
warm-up
30 x 6, 6

Straight-arm Pulldown
20 x 10, 10, 10

Dumbbell Leg Curl
20 x 10, 10, 10

Cardio consisted of 30 min uphill fast walk on treadmill at level 15, followed by a quick stretching session.

Macros:
Protein: 140g
Carbs: 120g
Fat: 35g

After today, my body is screaming out "sleep,"... so away I go...Zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment